Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another week, another ultrasound.

Baby checkup week 36 completed. Nothing really to report - the ultrasound was really quick, just to check her position (head down!) and her fluid levels (fluidy and good.) However, I did get to watch her take her little arm up to her face and gum on her hand. It was so amazing to see her actually DOING something. She's a real little person! A baby sized one!

They hooked me up to the monitor for the nonstress test and I listened to the baby's heartbeat thump along at 145 bpm. Strong and steady. The only problem is that they need her to move and then react - the big thing is about measuring her heartbeat jump during and following movement on her part. She wasn't moving. She was napping. They finally came in and brought a buzzer thingie to airhorn her. And I had to drink some juice. That finally got her going, and her heartbeat jumped to 165ish. Quick hello with the doctor, and then goodbye until next week.

I'm all pre-registered at the hospital and they sent my medical records over today, so whenever it happens, it happens. The doc did say that it'd be good if Sequins could stay in for another week or so, which I agree with. I want to make sure I can go to the baby shower AND get all of my thank you cards out before the baby actually arrives. Have some manners, Sequins.

Plus Tim has some big project at work that's due to complete right around my due date. AND he wants to go to Blizzcon, so he's hoping I'm pregnant past my due date. As long as he keeps rubbing my feet and refilling my water glass, I guess I'll keep carrying his sweet little baby, even a few extra days.

No comments:

Post a Comment