Saturday, August 28, 2010

Framed and Nailed.

Some work has been done on preparing for the baby. For one, I bought her a Halloween costume (she's going to be a flower.) And we hung all of her pictures on her wall. Hey, I didn't say how intensive the preparations were. I mean, who needs a car seat or a crib mattress when you can have framed artwork, right? RIGHT.

I painted the frame holding Puff on Thursday, and then last night Tim helped me hang everything. Hanging pictures with an engineer involves a lot of math and a lot of measuring. However, unlike when I hang things myself, it does not involve very much swearing, or unnecessary nail holes. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Lulu says "who the hell is this guy?"

Here's the view from the doorway. The top two prints feature all of Beatrix Potter's characters. The bottom four are animal prints that I bought.

Less glare-y shot of the artwork. Beatrix Potter, a seahorse, an antelope squirrel, an otter eating a bowl of blueberries, and a little black cat snuggled up in bed. Love!

Because of the risk from earthquakes, we're not hanging anything over the baby's crib (guest bed visitors however, beware of falling glass.) However, we will be putting one of her quilts from her Grandma Rosie up over her dresser - it's less of a skull crushing risk, and contains no glass shards.

This morning Tim and I got Red Cross certified in infant and child CPR. I know some are rolling their eyes, considering us overeager first time parents, but it was actually a really good class to take overall. I mean, I hope I never have to use my skills, but I feel better knowing I have them. Plus a little learning never hurt anyone. Let us know if you'd like some chest compressions or back poundings.

Then it was off to a park for the Blizzard company picnic. Lots of food, lots of entertainment. It was nice to see some of the nerds and chat with everyone, but I think it'll be even more fun when Sequins is out and can participate in all of the kiddie activities. I entertained her today by eating a hot dog and some cookies. I know, I am quite the mom.

Now we're looking forward to a quiet, near-comatose night and thankfully, another cool-ish evening. Sweating is not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment