Friday, August 27, 2010

Quick Hits.

Had a full ultrasound this morning, and all signs are positive.

-my BP was good this morning
-my labs continue to be good
-the baby is growing right on schedule (no specific comment was made about her weight or how much she's estimated to weigh)
-she's got plenty of amniotic fluid
-she's got visible hair on her little noggin
-there's no reason I shouldn't be able to go to Chicago

However, the doc is still treating me carefully and wants me in once a week to monitor me via the amniotic fluid check and nonstress test, just to make sure that my "high blood pressure" doesn't turn into pre-eclampsia. He admits it's a hassle, but since we all just want a healthy baby at the end of it, I'll go along for the ride (thank goodness for good insurance.) And it is important to keep an eye on, because pre-eclampsia happens more commonly during the last few weeks of pregnancy - just because my BP is good right now doesn't mean things can't change.

I will go in again next Friday. My doc will be out, but I'll do the fluid check/nonstress check and then if all is good, I will get on the plane the following Tuesday, along with my trusty blood pressure cuff. As I told the bride and mother of the bride - unless they send me to labor and delivery or put me on bedrest, I'm going to Chicago, dang it! I'm feeling great, and I'm not missing out on the WEDDING OF THE CENTURY. In the meanwhile, my doc did sign a note for the airlines in case American hassles me about bringing my fatness on the plane.

Sooooo... keep your fingers crossed that she keeps growing big and strong and fat and hairy, and that my blood pressure keeps itself in check!

No comments:

Post a Comment