Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby's First Concert!

I made it through another week of funemployment, despite not really having plans. It was nice to get to spend so much time with the moms, and I've definitely improved my tan. Also, taken plenty of naps, watched a lot of movies and made dinner almost every night. Life is good!

As of yesterday, I'm32 weeks along, which translates to 8 months pregnant. Who would have thought? It seems like it's taken forever to get here, and at the same time, like I was just passing the 8 weeks pregnant mark.

I'm still feeling pretty good, though starting to slow down. My bellah is getting bigger and more cumbersome, and I feel it a lot in my back. There's still tons of stuff that is easy enough for me to do, but then other things that just knock me onto my butt. For example: I've been at the gym almost every day for 45 minutes to an hour on my friend the elliptical, and that's awesome. I can handle kick boxing class. But if I have to get my purse and a magazine off the floor of Tim's car and then try to exit the vehicle, I end up huffing and puffing like I just completed a marathon. Anything that requires bending really does me in.

The baby is getting bigger every day and more active in her little home - which is growing on my end, and probably shrinking on her end. She spends a lot of time up in my ribs, and there are places at the top of my belly where the skin has gotten so stretched that it's weird and tender to the touch - it honestly feels like it's been novacained. And of course, like when my lip has been novacained following a dentist visit, I can't stop poking at it and marveling at the weirdness. And my rib cage aches somedays, just as part of the fun. The other night Tim ended up running out and getting me a bag of frozen peas to lay on my ribs (and a fancier ice pack, for future usage.)

I'll get to see her twice next week - I have the nonstress test and the amniotic fluid check on Tuesday (because they are worried about my "high blood pressure") which will measure how active the baby is and make sure that she's got enough fluid around her. I am sure I will pass with flying colors. Then on Friday morning I have a high res ultrasound to check on her size (because my "high blood pressure" might cause her to be smaller than normal.) Tim's going to come along to the Friday appointment - he hasn't seen her for a few months, so I'm excited that the appointment fits into his schedule.

Last night we took the baby to her first concert - we went to see the Dave Matthews Band at Irvine Meadows. Some Dave Matthews fans are like new Deadheads, and they are quite dedicated to the band. I've always enjoyed their music, but this was my first time seeing them live. On our walk up to our seats, we were behind a guy who was so wasted that he was being half dragged by his friends. His pants fell down so I got to see his underwear, and then Tim (who was walking in front of me to block in case the dude tumbled my way) noticed that he had already peed his pants. I texted my cousin David (who LOVES Dave Matthews) and told him about the guy, and then asked "is he a friend of yours?" Pregnant or not, I will never understand why people get so wasted at concerts. If you like the band, don't you want to listen to them and remember the show? But... that's just me I guess. It was a great show, and my little baby friend definitely grooved along. She's going to see John Mayer on Tuesday as well. Such a busy life!

A camera phone shot of the stage last night.

8 months worth of beer gut!

No comments:

Post a Comment