Thursday, April 29, 2010

Successful Accessory Time!

Tuesday was BBBSGLA's Accessories for Success Luncheon at the Beverly Hills Hotel. It's a great afternoon, mainly for ladies, and features a luncheon and awards presentation, a fashion show, a silent auction and a boutique. Last year I managed to snag a bunch of crazy vintage clothes that were donated by a vendor. This year I got to man the "buy it now" table with crazy donated accessories. But more importantly, I got to entertain some very fabulous guests - my mommy, Tim's mommy, and old friend Jackie (I mean old in the "long have we known each other" way, I am not making fun of her for her recent birthday!)

It was so fun to have my ladies in attendance. They got to put the faces to the names when it comes to all of my zany coworkers. I also think they had a fun time lunching and shopping (sorry Dad.) After the official show was over, they hung around for awhile to chat with everyone, and then we retired to the Polo Lounge upstairs. I had promised them that if they went to the Polo Lounge, they might see a celebrity, and we quickly spotted Lionel Richie when we sat down (however, we were not close enough to say "hello, is it me you're looking for?" which is unfortunate.)

The person who really made out like a bandit though is Wolfie. One of the auction packages was a baby bundle with a stroller, some very soft blankies, baby-sensitive bath products and a vibrating baby chair. I thought for sure it'd get bidded up early on (because as one of our volunteers said "babies are the ultimate accessory") but I guess not too many kids were shopping for their kids or grandkids. However, I was able to talk the mommies into going in on it. Wolfie is feeling pretty set right now. Bonus - one of the basket had a soft as a baby blanket, but it's big enough to wrap around a mommy! I am just trying it out for him, and will turn it over to Wolfie when he is born, of course. Until then I will use it to entice my cat babies to snuggle with me.

Tomorrow is my big meeting, and I'm taking an earlier train (this is after two really tired days where I took a slightly later, much nicer Amtrak train to get to work.) I'm excited, but ready to have some down time after a crazy week. I've got a bridal shower in Woodland Hills on Saturday, but after that, IT'S NAP TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment