Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

It's been a couple of wild days. Friday morning I headed over to the doc's for another appointment. Mostly to talk about my blood pressure (which is very reactive to stress, but not something that requires medication at this time) but since I was there, they decided to take a look at the Wolf-meister. It's amazing how much different he looks after only two weeks. That thing by his head is his hand and arm - he actually has them now, rather than just a flipper!

From there, Tim and I went to the funeral of our friends Brad and Shannon's baby daughter. It was a beautiful memorial for a sweet little girl taken way before her time, but oh, it was so hard to sit through. I'm glad we were able to be there, and we'll be doing what we can to be a support for Brad and Shannon and their families.

Friday night I had a girls sleepover with Kate and Sara. We ordered pizza and make Easter baked goods and watching "Singin' in the Rain." And then I had to go to bed at 10:30, because I am an old person.

Then yesterday morning was frosting festival!

Thanks to Kathi sending me all of her fabulous cookie cutters, we had several kinds of Easter bunnies, some Easter cats and Easter squirrels.

It's funny because the sugar cookie recipe is my grandma's. As I was starting, I thought about doubling it, just to make sure we had enough. Obviously, I should have known that Grandma Pat would have never shortchanged on a cookie recipe - one batch made PLENTY.

When we got cleaned up, we went over and convinced mom and Auntie Lisa that we should get pedis done. One lady at the salon was like, "oh how nice that you're all friends and came in together," to which we replied, "we're not friends. We're related." Lisa managed to keep her giggles to a minimum this time during the foot scrub.

Then last night mom and dad hosted a fabulous party for the Fockers, Jan and Jim, Ed and Judy. We had sausages and weiners from the farmers market, PLENTY of desserts and then some basketball watching and loud talking. A perfect evening all around.

The jalapeno sausage ones were my favorite, I must say. That Wolfie loves him some spicy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment