Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cat Butts & Copiers.

It's been kind of a funny today. I was a sleepy little muffin - we were up four times last night listening to Thor work on a hairball. On our bed. At this point, I'd be happy to step on a wet hairball with bare feet if it meant he'd expelled while I was at work. No luck though - and Thor cringed when Tim petted his hind end, which we learned via a $500 vet bill with Lulu a few years ago means that the cat is probably as backed up as a dam with a little Dutch boy's finger in it. So, it'll be more cat laxative for him tonight, which is sad because he hates it. The funny thing is that Lulu loves it, so while I am trying to pry Thor's mouth open, I am also trying to push Lula away from the tube of laxatone.

Okay. Enough about my cat's butt.

It also felt like a weird day because of the weather. On my six mile drive to the train station it was sunny, then drizzling, then sunny again, then POURING, then sunny. See?



It's also kind of weird at the office because we're preparing for a site visit with a funder that will potentially give us the money for a new office copy machine (our current one is an outdated, black and white hunk of junk.) Since I'm responsible for putting together the budget for the grant, I am now basically in charge of picking out the copier and getting quotes on it. On a small team, there's no room for people saying "hey, this isn't my job!" but after I met with three copy machine reps today, I did have a moment of "this isn't my job," but the upside is, I am learning a lot about copiers, and the brass seems to be ready to accept whatever recommendation I make. So, stay posted for my final verdict!

No comments:

Post a Comment