Monday, April 19, 2010

Slumberific!

Well, I think the slumber party was quite a success. The girls are such good little nuggets. We made pizza and watched Singin' in the Rain on Friday night, and then at 10:30 Tim and I could barely keep our eyes open, so we made everyone go to bed! As he and I were settling in, Tim goes "I'm sure they'll settle down soon," to which I replied, "you have never been a little girl before - they could very well giggle all night." Julia had to take off at 7:30am to head to a Girl Scouts function, but Katie and Mary managed to sleep until 9 on Saturday, and then we made strawberry pancakes and hung out with the cats, before going over to mom and dad's for some quality maxing and relaxing poolside (well, they maxed, I relaxed.)

We had a great time. Though I must admit, when the girls were picked up by their aunt Barbara, I went to bed and slept for two and a half hours, and only got up because I needed to get showered and changed in time for dinner with Judy.

Sunday, we did some real homeowner stuff. You heard it here first - Tim mowed the lawn. Our house came with a free lawnmower, but Tim had to go buy an extension cord, because apparently we have an electric mower. That's right, it plugs into the house. Just like our grill. Oh, our crazy house.

Look at Tim go! And I know, we need to get the ivy cleaned up. It's on my list.

We had a lovely duffy boat cruise and dinner with the Fockers yesterday, and ended up evening with frogurt, and copious use of Don's shredder. Farewell, pay stubs from my crappy job from 2004, which lists both my social security number and my checking account number, oh so helpfully!

In other news, I am 14 weeks pregnant, which in pregnant land math, is 4 months pregnant. No, I'm with you - it doesn't seem correct, but that's what they say. I find pregnancy math to be even harder than regular math ever was. Today my coworker brought in a copy of her 3D ultrasound on DVD and I was totally jealous. I can't wait to see Wolfie again! Until then, I will just keep playing him songs on my iPod, and waiting for him to give me a kick or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment