Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Last One For Awhile.

Get a good look at him, because it's the last ultrasound for awhile. Tim and I went in this morning for a screening ultrasound and some bloodwork. Thankfully, everything looks great, and we got to spend quite a bit of time looking at our baby in action. He's very active - totally squirming around and kicking and showing off. The tech said that he's got very long legs and made a joke about him being a marathon runner. You know that would make Uncle Jakey happy. It's amazing to me how much he's beginning to resemble a little person (except for when he turned full face to the camera, and then he sort of looked like a scary skull alien thing.) The other cool thing is that he's big enough now that even if I don't feel it, he's reacting to my outside stimuli. When I poke my belly, he feels it and reacts. When the tech needed to get a different angle on him, she had me roll to my side and cough et voila, when I turned back, he'd moved into position. I can't wait to feel him start kicking!

The good news now is that I don't have to go back to the doctor's for another month. FINALLY. I have stuff to do! I do still have more appointments with the endocrinologist, but hopefully at some point I'll be able to better time my appointments so not every work from home day involves a trip out to the medical plaza.

It was kind of a funny, crazy day at the doctor's today. We ended up waiting longer than expected (which did give me a chance to stare at a bunch of really darling newborns.) Our doc arrived shortly after we did, having come from a birth in the morning. One of the other doctors got called out for an emergency delivery, so there was a little nutsiness around that. And THEN a girl passed out getting her blood drawn just as I went back to get mine done. She had a really flat belly, so I can only guess that it was her first appointment. Oh honey, you're going to have a tough nine months. On the flipside, I do not pass out, and I have huge, beautiful veins.

In other news, I have much enjoyed watching the Twins and the Angels in their opening series. I am already plotting how next year I will be able to take Wolfie to his first baseball game and make him a Circle Me Bert sign (Wolfie is a diehard Twins fan and is already really looking forward to wearing his Twins booties from Auntie Renee, in case you are wondering.) He is also a big fan of the caramel Sweet Shop egg I just ate (thanks grandma!)

No comments:

Post a Comment