Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend Quickie.

In case you were worried, Thory both threw up and pooped out a hairball on Thursday morning. So that's good news. Even better - he did it in front of Tim while I wasn't home, so I didn't have to be at all involved in cleaning it up!

Also, the verdict is in on the copier at work, so that's one thing off my plate. Now, on to some more event planning and execution, and a meeting on Friday. UGH. Going in to work wearing slacks FIVE DAYS A WEEK? It's like slave labor.

We had a nice weekend. Friday night we had a mini date, and then Saturday we went to the farmers market to buy organic fruit like a bunch of hippies. Then mom and I went to the bead show at the Bower Museum and the Barn. Hooray for buying sparkly and gently used things! Then I tortured my parents for staying for dinner (Tim was at a movie with his boyfriends) and dad and I watched the Twins beat the Royals (even though it took them 12 innings, and the last out was clearly BS. But as Gardy says, "the umpire called him out, so I don't give a flip."

Today we were supposed to attend Daniel's confirmation. We got there 20 minutes early and it was already standing room only. So... we split and went to start the party at El Torito, and then later assured Daniel that it had been a beautiful ceremony. Uncle Mike (Daniel's sponsor) managed to hang on, as did Sister Mary Brigid, who is probably praying for all of our heathen souls for skipping out. It was a very fun afternoon - of course more fun after the man of the hour and his family actually arrived.

Then Tim and I scooted out in time to see "How to Train Your Dragon" in 3D. Highly recommend. My favorite part was realizing that cats are basically mini-dragons, as imagined by this movie (except for the dumb dragons. They were more like dogs.)

And now, it's nearly 10pm, so I have to go to bed. But here is Petunia, modeling the bib that mom knitted for Wolfie. Only 10 more days until my next ultrasound - I am excited to see my little friend again. And awesome news - our friends Cory and Natalie are also expecting! Wolfie and Optimus Prime are going to be besties someday, just like their daddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment