Saturday, May 1, 2010

Manual Labor (not ours.)

It's 7pm on Saturday and I am still unshowered, in my pajamas. Tim is off on a date with his boyfriends. All is well with the world, it would seem.

Had a rough night last night - I stayed in LA to have dinner with a friend, and then the 8:30 train never left the station, and the 10:10 left late. After a long week, I was tired beyond belief and near tears. Not to mention, trapped in pants that don't really fit anymore and shoes that hurt my feetsies. I was a hot, angry mess. Then this morning, we had to be up early to have work done on the house. Ricardo and friends were here to cut back our ivy, and on a recommendation from Rita, we found a handyman to plane down the doors in our bedroom and the baby's room, which don't really move thanks to our nice thick carpet pad.

As soon as everyone left, I went back to bed for a much needed nap. And like a heel, I had to get in touch with Nancy and bow out of her bridal shower - I just don't have it in me to shower, drive 200 miles, and socialize with a lot of folks I don't know.

Mom and dad both stopped by for a bit and we watched the Kentucky Derby together, then Tim peaced out. Sometimes, there is nothing I love more than having the house to myself, to live out all of my hermit dreams. I will probably be in bed by 9.

Here's a shot of our ivy, post-trim. I know it looks barren, but mom and Ricardo assure me it'll grow back. Also, the rats will probably come back to roost at some point (Ricardo said they saw most of them over by the trash cans. Ick.)

Also, here a 46 second video of me talking to a cat (the videos are weirdly sized - if you click on them, it should take you to YouTube where you can watch them in normal vision.)


And here is the best video I've seen all year

No comments:

Post a Comment