Wednesday, May 12, 2010

As Seen on TV.

Today during a coffee run, my coworker Emily expressed a need to run to Rite Aid to buy a pedegg. We found the pedeggs at the end an aisle, in what can only be described as the "as seen on TV" section. There was also a Clapper, an Emery Cat board, and... THE SLAPCHOP. Tim has been expressing his need for a slapchop for months now, so I bought it.

We had the makings of guacamole in our fridge, so tonight I busted out the slapchop. And was sorely disappointed. All of the veggies got stuck up in the blades, and I had to pick the pieces out with a knife.

HOWEVER, we had a very successful "as seen on TV" purchase from Tim. We continue to have hairball issues with Thory, even though he's getting laxatone regularly and eating hairball control formula food. A friend had recommended the FURminator brush, so Tim bought one at the pet store tonight. It purports to get at your pet's undercoat and remove more hair than a regular brush. Which it does, by the absolute HANDFUL. I have never seen hair come off a cat like that before. The volume is only slightly less than if I was actually buzzing them down to the skin. Both kitties initially looked at me like, "what are you DOING?" because I think the brush is a different sensation on them, but by the third stroke, I had Thory purring and rolling around on the ground. I think I have officially plucked out every piece of spare fur that boy has to offer. I'm looking forward to a silent, solid night of sleep tonight.

And now, Tim and I are off to take a walk to the library (just to return some books, but also, to go for a nice walk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment