Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It Takes a Village.

Home again, home again, jiggity jig! We had such a nice week in Wisconsin. Lots of good family time, and of course, the wonderful wedding. I'm glad we stayed as long as we did, though I was definitely getting worn out from Adam's refusal to sleep, and glad to see Tim last night at the airport. And then Adam went and slept 8 straight hours. He just needed to be back in his own bed, much like the rest of us. Thank goodness Gigi was around during the week to put him down a few times when he was so tired that he wouldn't accept me trying to get him in bed.

I'm so lucky to have such a great family. At every turn, they were helping me out with the kids - coming over so I could nap, making sure the fridge was stocked and the beds were made before we arrived, and on the flight home yesterday, Adam wanted to sit with Grizz and so the two of them snuggled up for half the flight, leaving me alone to read and even nap a little. Such a relief!



Even Uncle Emery got in on the helping!


The funny part was that there was a sign on the club house that said "kids only."

Sara and I with the kids at Grandpa Howie's bench


Adam, on the way out of town

No comments:

Post a Comment