Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday.

We had such a busy, nice day today. I got everyone ready this morning with enough time for us to go and buy supplies for the cats, and therefore visit all of the nice rodents at the pet store. Our favorite pet store guy let Ellie pet a binny pig AND a hamster and chatted with us for a bit. And then even after all of that lollygagging, we still arrived at music class with twenty minutes to spare, so we went across the street to Starbucks and I got an iced coffee, and we each got a vanilla bean "stone," as Ellie calls them.

Look at these two. I mean, are you kidding me?

This was our last week in this session with Miss Elena, and as usual, Ellie had a melt down in the middle of the class. She loves to make a stink on the final day! Thankfully, she recovered more quickly than normal, and I only had to spend one song with her snuggled up in my lap, boo-hooing into my shoulder (with tired Adam also trying to crawl all over me.) We still love that crazy Miss Elena, and the kids are so cute with their instrument playing and singing.

Then we headed over for lunch with Cara and Clare, which was great. Their new house is really coming together, and Ellie is so excited for Clare to get a little brother next month (everyone gets a little brother!) Came home, thunked my two little fish for nap time, and then when they woke up, we went over to Gigi and Grizz's to do some play doh and run around the house yelling. As we do.

Gigi and Grizz had a Wednesday night date night, and Tim is at E3 tonight, so we were on our own. Ellie suggested that we go have a picnic, so we did exactly that. I packed sandwiches and snacks and sand toys in the stroller, and we headed down. The kids both wanted to play before they ate, and I got to sit on a bunch with my sandwich, watching them have fun. It was really wonderful. They are finally starting to really play together and entertain themselves.

I wish I'd had my big camera with me - they were so sweet and it was so wonderful to just enjoy the nice weather and the beautiful scenery. Ellie made me many kinds of "soup" (aka a pail full of sand) and Adam wandered around and hooted and played in the little house area. Then we came home and got everyone ready for bed. I realized tonight that after three and a half years, the thought of doing dinner, bath and bed time by myself no longer makes me want to weep with fear and frustration. They easily take a bath together, I can lotion Adam while Ellie finishes splashing, and then he is happy to cuddle with Lambykins in his crib while I'm putting her down for bed. Though tonight she did get out of bed at almost 10pm with the claim that she had to go potty, but she barely produced. She should be good and tired tomorrow! On one hand, it's a little depressing that it's taken me so long to feel like I've hit my groove, but on the other hand, it's only onwards and upwards from here. I love those two little Muffinhead Freds to the end of the earth, and it's so wonderful to have such a great day with them. Domestic bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment