Sunday, November 17, 2013

Recent Videos

Please enjoy Adam refusing to pick up his hands, and drooling like a fountain. He is cutting his fourth tooth, the second fang. Vampire baby! The poor little guy is up in the middle of the night again, and his gum is pretty swollen and tender - I tried to run my finger on it to help it break through, and he started crying. But he's generally in good spirits. Right now he eats two little portions of pureed food for dinner (usually a green vegetable and an orange vegetable) and now that his grip is better we've started offering him things he can hold and feed himself - a penne noodle, a sugar snap pea, and this morning a strip of pancake. He's quickly figuring it out.

Thursday we went to Target after preschool and while we were wandering the aisles, I offered to get Ellie a rainbow whisk of her very own, and a new pink spatula. Her excitement was so sweet and overwhelming that I nearly started crying. Best six bucks I've ever spent. Then the second she woke up from her nap, she wanted to bake something, so I got out a little cookbook of cookies, and she picked snowballs. So here we are, working in the kitchen.

Friday afternoon we took a nap at Gigi and Grizz's house. Rather, we were SUPPOSED to. At 4:30 I went to go get Ellie so we could go to the Fashion Island Christmas tree lighting. She'd been quiet in her room for over two hours, but when I walked in, she announced "I SCREWED AROUND!" and when I asked her if she'd slept, she said no... and then burst into tears. I was expecting the evening to be a total mess, but she was actually great. She enjoyed the tree lighting and then did a good job of sitting nicely at dinner with Jake and Dawn (I think it helped that we were at the Yardhouse - it's already loud, and we were seated in a booth by the kitchen) and then after eating, we let her go back to the Christmas tree where they were playing Christmas tunes. It was a very fun evening.

Of course, then we got home late and weren't able to do bath time before bed. Ellie slept in until 8:30 the next morning... but Adam made me pay with three over night wake ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment