Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

We had a lovely family weekend with our darling kiddos. We all slept in until 7:30 on Saturday morning, and on Sunday I crawled back into bed post AM feeding and then got to sleep until 9. NINE! That is practically mid afternoon! When I got up, Tim had all of the children piled on his lap, watching Daniel Tiger, and once he was free from them, he went and got me coffee and a donut, and we opened all my cards. Perfect morning! Then we went over to celebrate with Gigi, which involved a trip to the park and a nice soak in the spa. I am amazed at how much bigger Ellie is in the pool - last year she'd walk around the spa and the water was up to her shoulders, now it's only waist level.

I had hoped that mom and I could get out to see the Great Gatsby, but the timing didn't end up working, so I went to the gym instead. That's the same thing as a movie, right? I thought I was doing such a good job with walking and jogging, but I almost died back on the elliptical. There is work left to do!

When everyone woke up and got cleaned up, we went over to celebrate Mimi, and had a nice, relaxed night. Ellie played outside with Pa, Adam ate a lot and slept a little and we had a nice dinner together. Plus Ellie convinced her grandparents to have a dance party, and told me to go away so that they could dance. Well excuuuuuuuse me.




This morning seven week old Adam had his six week check up. He's 11lbs, 13oz and 23 inches long, so he's gained nearly three pounds and grown two inches since his second week of life. He's in the 75th percentile for height and weight, with a head that it's in the 98th. Much less his giant melonheaded sister. Even though he was half a pound smaller at birth, he's a full pound bigger than she was at the same age, so it looks like thus far, he's avoided my short genes. He's also starting to coo a little and showed off for the doctor, who pronounced him perfect. He's a delightful little pork roast.

Performing a 45 pound dead lift. In a pinch, I can carry both of them and a diaper bag.

Everyone's looking at the camera! The bigger Adam gets, the greater resemblance I'm seeing between the kids. It's still funny to me to say "the kids." For so long, everything was "the baby" (as in Ellie) and sometimes, "the inside baby and the outside baby" when discussing both children. But now everything is "the kids." I am so lucky to have two such beautiful, sweet, funny kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment