Saturday, May 18, 2013

Funny Kiddos.

Just a few random stories. Sometimes when I talk about someone being hungry, I describe them as a hungry bear. Ellie likes to correct me and say what animal she or Adam REALLY is. Apparently, she is a hungry squirrel, and Adam is a hungry giraffe. Both animals that are known to be ravenous, obviously.

Also animal related - when we do lotion time after bath, I rub some onto her cheeks and tell her I'm giving her kitty whiskers, then I sort of sweep my fingers off her cheeks like I'm making whiskers. She has now taking to lotioning her own face while saying "I'm doing my kitty whiskers, and my kitty belly, and my kitty knees, and my kitty butt," all while waving her hands around. No mention of a kitty tail though.

We have discovered her extreme love of play doh, which I also love because she will sit at the dining room table and play by herself, provided I look over and tell her that I like what she's making. It gives me a chance to nurse Adam without her being right in my face, or whining for me to help her. Thank you play doh, you are a godsend. I hope Ellie doesn't eat too much of you when I'm not looking.

The other day she announced to me that her daddy's name was Tim, and my name was Meg. I asked her what her name was, and she started crying and saying she didn't remember. She's been very into names lately - when Adam was in the car crying I said "oh Adam Adam, it's okay," and she said "that's not his name. His name is Adam Howard." She's trying to figure out her full name, and while she can say Adam Howard quite well, she cannot say Rosemarie for the life of her. She does however, understand that Howie and Rosie are Grizz's mommy and daddy.

Speaking of Grizz, I present to you, the last photo before his mustache grew in:
There is a strong family resemblance.

No comments:

Post a Comment