Friday, January 11, 2013

What Next?

Ellie has never really gone through a "why" phase, and for that I've always been grateful. Though I realized lately, she has her own version of why, which cracks me up. She prefers to focus more on specific questions, and asking them three or four times in a row. For example:

E: where are we going?
M: Target, to buy some diapers.
(ten seconds)
E: where are we going?
M: We're going to Target, to get some diapers.
(ten more seconds)
E: where are we going?
M: Where did I say we were going?
E: Target. To buy diapers.

Though I must admit, sometimes (towards the end of the afternoon) I answer more like "ELLIE! What did mommy just say?"

She is also big on figuring out our schedule lately. She climbs in bed with us in the morning (after informing us whether or not it's wet outside) and then after demanding we read her Santa Mouse, she asks what we're going to do today, and I try to run through the schedule with her. It's always a question of telling her exactly what we're doing, and not making life more difficult for myself. For example, if we're going to hang out with Lexi, it's best not to tell her until we're getting in the car, otherwise she spends our entire morning walk whining about seeing Lexi. Likewise, I would never tell her about the petting zoo before we head out. She does do a pretty good job of staying with the plans though, and she knows she doesn't get to see her true love Daniel Tiger until after we finish our walk.

Because man, does she love that Daniel Tiger. She sings the songs from the show all the time (especially the one about going potty - the other day to make sure to tell Grizz to "stop! And go right away, flush and wash and be on your way!") and after seeing Daniel go to the doctor, she likes to inform us that we're going to have a check up. She listens to our hearts and then tells us to stand on the scale. If she's not a doctor, I think she'll be an astronaut, as yesterday in Target she kept putting a plate on her head and yelling "I'm Astronaut Ellie! Blast off into outer space!"

No comments:

Post a Comment