Monday, January 7, 2013

Hilarious!

Me: You need to take a nap, and then when you wake up, how about we go to the mall?
Ellie: That'll be GREAT! That'll be TERRIFIC!

(as I was putting her in the car after Trader Joes)
Me: Oops, don't sit on your buckle, silly!
Ellie: (bursts into hysterical laughter) I sit on my buckle?
Me: Don't sit on your buckle!
Ellie: (hysterical laughter) I sit on my buckle?
Me: Don't sit on your buckle!
(lather, rinse, repeat the entire drive home.)

In other news, I've taken two steps towards preparing for the second baby this week, and I'm feeling quite proud. We called to set up a consultation for new blinds for the kids rooms. The one in the office is completely broken, and while I don't need black out curtains, I'd like to be able to keep Ellie's soon to be new room shady if it helps her sleep.

And this weekend I finally picked up a double jogging stroller. My BOB stroller has been the best money I've spent on baby gear, and has been a complete sanity saver for me. Thank to Fitbit, I estimate that I pushed it more than 1,500 miles in the first year I owned it (no joke AT ALL) and it rides so smoothly that I can push it with one hand while jogging. Even jogging uphill! Still, as much as I love the single BOB, I didn't want to buy a double one new, because I think it'll have a shorter life span, and there's a lot of nice doubles available on craigslist. So yesterday I met a lady in San Clemente and exchanged a wad of cash for her fabulous used stroller. And the best news? It fits in the Fit, without having to put the back seat down. I already knew that the double wouldn't slide into my trunk (thanks to my friend Kelly letting me try to jam hers in my vehicle) and I didn't think it would work in the Fit. Oh, how silly I am to underestimate the Fit. The Fit has been nothing but GO! since the day we bought it. I have priorities, and they are fancy jogging stroller first, and car second. I would have gotten a new vehicle if it meant the BOB would fit in the trunk. Sad but true! The good news now is that I got a great deal on a nice used stroller, and will get a gently used Honda Fit for zero dollars. I will be taking Tim's UCLA Engineering license plate frame off of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment