Saturday, January 12, 2013

Money Pit.

If it's not one thing, it's another in this dump! Today we had Ricardo over doing some serious yard work, guided by mom, and partially motivated by my dad's persistent (and ANNOYING) comments about how my house looks abandoned because of the front yard. There is only so much I can do with a husband who is physically allergic to manual labor, and me being unable to bend forward and maintain air in my lungs at the same time.

Plus, this was more work than I was willing to take on, even if I wasn't pregnant. Ricardo and his brother ripped out a ton of ivy, a sad little juniper bush and a wretched tree stump. Now all of the ivy has been squirted with weed killer, covered in burlap and mulched. In a few weeks, we'll get some good ground cover plants (whatever kind mom tells me to get) and have them planted. We'll also get a little tree for the brick planter part.

But it's already an improvement:

(not the world's best picture, but you get the idea.)

I can only hope the neighbors are pleased with our additional efforts at curb appeal. Maybe this will help them curb their dogs. I'd be more motivated to keep the ivy trimmed back if I didn't always end up with a handful of dog crap for my efforts. Not pictured: our Christmas tree, still sitting on the curb because apparently we missed the day.

During yard work time, Tim and I deep cleaned the house - the first time everything's really gotten scrubbed since the construction was finished (it's hard to put in a lot of effort when the tree is in the house, shedding pine needles.) It feels soooooo goooood. Plus tonight someone came and bought the filing cabinets out of the office, so once we get the new shades put in, it'll be time to move Miss Moo to her big girl room. Progress!

Now if only the Packers season wasn't over. Then my heart would be perfectly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment