Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting Things Together.

We have been having a great time with Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Rosie, and I'd like to think that they have been pretty entertained by the crazy antics of their great granddaughter. Tim spent the weekend in Las Vegas on a work trip (not a business trip - a celebratory trip since their last few games have been so successful) and we managed pretty okay without him, even though every day I am slightly more uncomfortable, being all old and pregnant. Sometimes the baby just makes my SKIN hurt with the punching and the kicking and the rolling.

We also toured a preschool this morning that I think will be a good fit for Ellie, and us as a family, so that's exciting. And Ricardo came by and continued fixing up our ugly front yard. After a few weeks of feeling like the wheels were coming off, I feel like my life is starting to come together.

Here Ellie is working in the garden with Gigi, using her watering can to plant a new tree. That is her infamous tutu skirt.

Ellie's big girl bed arrived last week, and we have all of the linens we need for it. The new blinds are up in both of the kids rooms, so we can move her whenever we're ready. And this weekend Grandma and I bought some fabric to make a little closet door, and she sewed it all up beautifully.

Here she is asking Grandma Rosie if she can eat some of those pins.

I think we're going to make the move to her new room over the weekend. I still have to sort through and put away the little boy clothes we were generously gifted, and I have to move all of Ellie's clothes into her new dresser and closet. Plus she has a gazillion stuffed animals to sort through and store to make her new room less of a mess. I thought we'd never get here! But we might be ready for a second baby after all. Pictures once we get everything finished.

A little snuggling with Grandpa Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment