Tuesday, January 29, 2013

End of an Era.

Today was our final swim lesson at our current facility. I've been considering quitting for awhile, selfishly because I find all of the prep and then clean up for a 20 minute lesson exhausting. Being pregnant makes it even worse to sit in an incredibly chlorinated pool that's heated to 90 degrees, and the facility itself is about 85 degrees and reeks of chlorine, so putting her in private lessons and staying out of the pool isn't any more attractive to me. The kicker is that the facility is under new management, and our swim instructor, who's been working with Ellie since she was four months old, has left. It just seemed like the right time.

Gigi, Grandma Rosie and Auntie Sara came by today to see the last lesson, and snapped a few pictures for me. Even though I know this is the right move for us, I'm feeling a little nostalgic. We've been going to swim Tuesdays at noon for two years now, every week! I'm not quite sure what we'll do with ourselves next week.

Being forced to back float at her second lesson

On the raft, using her chunky legs as a personal floatation device

And today! Please notice that my hands are not touching her. She can float all on her own!

Thanks for splashing both of us in the eyes, kiddo

Going to get a raft

One last remembrance of our teensy weensy fishy baby

No comments:

Post a Comment