Monday, December 3, 2012

Tiling Away.

Dining room done!

Kitchen nearly done! Grouting tomorrow. Cabinets Wednesday.

Perhaps because it is Monday. Perhaps because I am hormonal and nesting. Perhaps it is just the situation at hand, or the rainy weekend, but I am feeling like this project is neeeevvvvvvvveeeerrrr going to be done. Or that it won't be done until the 24th so we won't get a tree or have Christmas (because you can't have Christmas without a kitchen, apparently?)

As a sign of good faith though, I cleaned the house this morning. Vacuumed all of the furniture in the Pretty Room, swept up all the yuck and actually mopped it all. The floors look like they could use another swipe, but it'll have to wait for another day. This little belly only does so much. I just wish we were settled in so I could get back to regular life. And I'm having one of those weeks where I'm like "AND THE BATHROOMS ARE DIRTY AND THE LAWN NEEDS TO BE MOWED!" Even though there are cats and cat litter in the bathroom (so cleaning it with a tooth brush is sort of pointless, and again, it's raining, so probably no lawn mowing.)

Hopefully the clean floors will help me chill out a little. And soon enough, I'll be back to walking the floors of my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment