Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cabinetry.

I AM IN LOVE.




Of course, there are a few tiny snafus - the one blank drawer face is because a face did not get ordered for it (oops!) And the set of four drawers by the slider is supposed to be a single drawer up top and then a cabinet for trash/recycling. Thankfully, both of those are quick fixes, and won't require us to wait on measuring for granite.

I couldn't believe how quickly it all went in yesterday, after every other job seemed to take FOREVER. The guys stayed later than normal getting the last top cabinets hung, which I definitely appreciate. I realized around 5ish that they were using flashlights because there was only one bulb in the kitchen, so I offered them the rest of the bulbs (since the ceiling is already painted and ready to go.) I definitely think that helped.

So today is granite measuring day, and I assume they will hang the last door and measure for the new one required. Glen said we should be able to slide in the fridge and stove fairly soon, and perhaps even hang the microwave. The idea of having a stove again is so exciting to me, and it's going to be so nice to not have to go out into the garage nonstop.

I'm also excited to make a birthday dinner for Tim next week. LOOK AT ALL THAT COUNTER SPACE!

I am also excited about my sweet pantry cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment