Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Cheer.

Last night was Tim's company holiday party. They started later than in previous years, and there was no sit down dinner. I thought it was pretty hysterical listening to the nerds complain about no free dinner, because there were enough appetizers and desserts for you to come hungry and leave so full that your stomach hurt. I mean, sliders, a pasta bar, salads, desserts... what more do you need? However, when we got the news, we got together a big group of nerds to go out to fancy dinner at L'Hirondelle beforehand, which I think was the better choice.  A quieter start to our night with MUCH better food. It may not have been free, but it was sure worth it. Plus we arrived fashionably late, and just as the party was really picking up speed.

I still think the best part is that Gigi and Grizz (mostly Gigi) kept Ellie over night. Tim and I got home at midnight, and then slept until TEN AM. It was like I had gone into a coma, died, seen the light and then been revived.

Then I made Tim clean the house with me, because I am romantic.

But hey, everything's clean! Swept, mopped and everything! And while Ellie was taking her nap, Tim went and got us a lovely Christmas tree.





And we had a great time decorating!


Then I made chicken for dinner, and had Ellie help me bake a batch of cookies

We are living the good life around here! Now if I could only muster the energy to wrap presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment