Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hot Date.

Tim and I had a very eventful 24 hours, doing grown up things sans child. While Ellie was hanging out with Mimi and Pa, we saw not one, but TWO movies. IN THE THEATER. And we ate meals out! We held hands! We talked to each other! We slept in until 9am! It was glorious, and we are so, so lucky to have such great parents.

Ellie didn't seem to miss us too much - she went with Mimi and Pa to a childrens museum where she played pretend and saw some good taxidermy. She was very excited to tell me all about it when we reunited tonight at Emily and Dana's wedding reception/party/dinner/thingie.

So, Tim and I saw This is 40 on Friday night with friends of ours. The company was great, the food at dinner was good, but the movie wasn't my favorite - I'd say save it for a rental. Today we went out for breakfast and then parked our butts back in the theater seats for three hours of Les Miserables, which I highly recommend. I cried, of course, but not as much as I wept when I saw the stage play in college. But then again, I wept a lot in college for no reason, so it's not that surprising.

Ellie was so cute when we met up with her. She spent the first hour or so of the meal with her face stuck in mine, and I got a lot of good hugs. Sometimes, it's nice to miss each other. It's funny - there is part of me that feels like I should be taking every opportunity to spend time with her while she's an only child, but there's a larger part that says "TAKE TIME AWAY WHILE YOU CAN GET IT!" I know soon enough we'll be back in new baby prison, between the nursing and the not sleeping through the night and the wanting mama. I have also heard that two kids is three times as hard as one, so I don't anticipate Mimi or Gigi volunteering to take BOTH little brats over night all the time (though I guess we could farm out one kid to each grandma and then go on Hot Dates.)

We have a couple more fun days ahead of us. It's been so nice having Tim home for a week, even if it means I have absolutely no concept of what day it is. Dad asked me if we were coming over to watch the game in the afternoon, and I thought he meant the Rose Bowl, and was confused (because they are going to the Rose Bowl whereas we are not.) He meant the Packer game, because FYI, tomorrow is Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment