Friday, December 21, 2012

Final Daylight Kitchen Photos.

Our long odyssey is so close to complete that I feel confident in posting these last few "after" photos. I will, of course, add the trash cabinet and laundry sink photos when that's all done. Because I know you'd be sad not to see them. 

But here's our final results, in day light:

General overview

From the other corner. Not to ruin the suspense of the trash door photos, but that set of four drawers at the corner near the slider will become a top drawer and then a door. It'll look like the sink cabinets

The threshold piece. It's slightly raised, and Ellie loves jumping over it

My beautiful, wonderful, technologically advanced appliances

New counterspace! Basically, my entire goal in redoing the kitchen was to get some actual space for working and cooking and chopping. Now, I have many, many square feet. As you can see, we are also trying to keep less "stuff" on the counter tops, which I think helps make everything else look nicer.

Between the plumbing, the full granite back splash and the new laundry room work we went over budget, plus obviously this has taken more than two weeks. So in many ways, it's your traditional home construction project. But it's all been worth it. Possibly because I don't have to cut a final check until January, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment