Saturday, September 22, 2012

Step Three.

This week I went to our contractor's show room to start actually picking our materials. Going in I had a pretty good idea of what we wanted - a fairly neutral 20" porcelain tile for the floor, natural cherry cabinets, and a light granite. Picked the tile fairly quickly, loved the cherry cabinets, and then stared at the light granites for awhile, feeling unmoved. Then I picked up a block of mostly blue granite, and it was love at first sight.

Turns out, it's also what our contractor recently put into his kitchen. He showed me a photo of the finished room and it looks great. I was also glad that I didn't pick something totally off the wall, that no one ever orders because it looks horrible when actually laid out on a large slab.

So here's what we're thinking:


Do you not love the iridescent parts? I certainly do. SPARKLY KITCHEN.

We will also have stainless appliances.

The good news is that the "business" side of the kitchen (with oven/range, microwave and fridge) lays out well, with room for adequate cabinets. Now we just need to get our estimates and do some final measuring. Still on track for a November start date. That will be step... something.

No comments:

Post a Comment