Sunday, September 4, 2011

We're Going to Win Twins.

....no, we're not. We're never going to win a damn game against the Angels while I'm in attendance, but we can have fun in the mean time, I suppose.

Dad was able to get us 8 tickets for today's afternoon game. They were seated four and four, so we had to do some trading off to make sure that everyone got a chance to hang out with Itty Bitty. I thought it worked out pretty well (though we did have to briefly reprimand a certain grandma for her baby hogging.) Ellie did great at the game - she was pleased to let everyone hold her, she didn't fuss too much, and at the end of the game she flat out passed out. Visual evidence!

Starting the game with her Angels-loving grandparents!

She is slightly perturbed by the strange, older man behind her.

Then her Twins-loving family arrived! (well, I had already been there with her, obviously.)

I had forgotten my AWESOME Circle me Bert sign (in the car!) but mom had made some little signs... which Ellie ate. She loves paper products.

So, at the end of the game, the moms, Sara and Jake were all sitting with the baby in the lower seats. The rest of us were standing in the back (behind the blue line, as the crabby stadium staff member kept reminding us if a toe crept over the line) basically waiting for the game to be over so we could reunited and rally and head out. All of a sudden, I get a text from Sara that Ellie, who I had handed off maybe five minutes ago, was asleep.

What a lazy baby! I think Grams gave her the sleeper hold. Actually, I realized about ten minutes later that it was after 3pm. It wasn't 1 o'clock like I'd thought in my head. No wonder the Bean was tired!

The best part?
Her falling asleep with a chew toy in her mouth like a pseudo binky. Her cheeks were all poked out from it. She stayed asleep as I moved her into my ergo, and slept on the car ride home (after being moved and clipped into her carseat, of course.)

Since she'd been a good girl, and since she got in a decent afternoon nap after the game, we took my friend Kristen up on her invitation for a BBQ at her house. Elizabeth got to hang out with Lexi and some other baby friends, I got to drink sangria, Tim got to stand out by the grill and run his mouth with a bunch of dudes... everyone had a good time!

And the fun don't stop. Stay tuned for tomorrow's NEW COUCH installment of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment