Monday, September 26, 2011

End of an Era.

Well, after my last blog post, I looked again at the requirements for Ellie's carseat, and then I looked at my baby, and after a few minutes with a tape measure, I realized that she's right on the borderline for being too tall for her bucket seat. And considering that my measurement was an inexact science, I figured it was best to be on the safe side. So tonight while I was out on a walk with some girlfriends, Tim put our big girl carseat in the car.

I'm going to miss the bucket seat! It seemed so indulgent when I was registering for baby gear to get two car seats and two strollers, but the bucket car seat is a life saver. For one, when she was a tiny, floppy headed newborn, it was nice to be able to put the car seat on the floor and strap her in - it took me months to be able to put her in the car seat without removing it from the car. It's awesome for when your baby falls asleep in the car - just carry them in and set them in a quiet room and the nap can continue without interruption. And if they get sleepy at a party, you know you always have a place to put them safely to nap. It's going to be a whole new world! A world where I sit in garages to let Ellie finish her naps. Though, let's be honest, I've been known to just stay in the car now and sleep, because I'm too tired to leave the front seat.

So tomorrow when we leave for swim class, she'll be tucked in tight in her fabulous new car seat from her Grandma. We'll see how long it takes for her to squish some puffs into it and break it in.

We had a good weekend! Saturday night Tim and I hit the town, seeing Cabaret at the Freud at UCLA. I fell in love with the movie after seeing it a few years ago, and I was wondering how the play would be, and I was not disappointed. It was another fabulous production AND as we've continued to be season ticket holders over the years, our seats have improved. We went from being in Row H on the side to sitting dead center in Row G this season. Old people in the front row - I'm coming for your seats. I'm patient, I can wait.

Then on Sunday it was all football, all the time. Everyone is coming over to watch NFL Sunday Ticket and relax on our new couch, and I can't say that I blame them. I love having the company, Ellie loves having the audience, and Tim loves having people to drink beer with, since beer doesn't appeal to me very much any more (and no, I'm not pregnant again. Because when I was pregnant, beer smelled like magical unicorn glitter of deliciousness. Of course, now that I can have it again, I don't want it.)

Someday, these two may share a beer together. ONE BEER.

No comments:

Post a Comment