Thursday, September 8, 2011

Are You Ready for Some Football?!?!

Oh what a night!

First off, turns out that going two years without visiting the dentist, being pregnant and then having a baby will cause you (ie me) to grow four tiny cavities. Blech. I had my first office visit in too long today. They said my teeth still look great, but such is what happens when another human being leaches nutrients from your bones. Thankfully, three of them will just require a little polishing and sealing. And after all of the screaming Ellie was doing this morning, the dental chair felt like a dang Club Med vacation.

Then on the way home, a lot of the street lights were out. Turns out, there's a pretty massive blackout through parts of Southern California and Arizona. The good news? My house still had power. The bad news? Mom and dad's doesn't, nor does Sara's apartment. Still, I came home, I turned on my AC, I hunkered down in front of my TV, and I told Dad he could come over to our house to watch the game. Poor mom and Sara tried to come too, but the drive from horseback riding was horrendous, with all of the street lights out. The thing that kills me is any time I see a fender bender around town, there will be about 8 of Mission Viejo's finest out to the scene of the crime, but when major intersections and freeway offramps go dark, you can't get a couple freaking cops out to direct traffic?

Now that we have our new couch, and since we have free DirecTV this season, I've made it clear to our friends that our house is Thiel Stadium, open for business at all times. Tonight I'd made some chili and some chicken salad, and we were expecting a crowd. Dad was well behaved, even though he generally hates watching games with other people... especially chatty nerds.

But what a game, right? We definitely enjoyed. And yes, Ellie was out in her baby finery.



Gramps did manage to play with her a little. During a break in the action.

Amazing to think that her first game of last session she looked like this:

And then after everyone left, I put her to bed all by myself! Go self.

No comments:

Post a Comment