Thursday, September 22, 2011

Big Baby Little Baby.

Today Ellie and I headed up to LA to bring lunch and a little love to my former coworker Emily, who is now the new mom of a beautiful three week old boy. It's funny how quickly time goes - when she handed me Liam, despite the fact that I had a newly borned less than a year ago, my first thought was "oh my god, I'm going to break him, why is she handing me something so delicate?" How fast one forgets. I missed that beautiful little newborn smell and cuddliness, though you could not pay me any amount of money to have a newborn Ellie again for any amount of time. I've paid my dues with that little naughty bean.

I'm so glad that my kid is the bigger one!

Today was also Emily's 30th birthday, so I brought her a cake. It was a good chance to try out the cake pan mom brought me from Minneapolis this summer (AND fit into her carry on, let me state. She's a packer extraordinare!) It's a giant cupcake cake!

Thanks to Pam with flour, the cake just fell right out of the pan afterwards. It did take twice as long to cook as a normal cake, but next time I'll know, and won't check the oven every 10 minutes for an hour.

As for Ellie, she seems to be racking up new tricks daily (but still no walking.) Her latest 'so cute it makes me want to squeal' trick is waving and saying bye bye (bah bah.) Sometimes, she waves towards herself, which is even cuter. She even does it in context, often waving and saying bye bye when I stick her in her carseat. She continues to laugh like a loon at just about everything we do, except when she's screeching because she's working on tooth #4, which looks like it's going to be her other fang on the top. She crawls like crazy, and will follow us around the house. This morning I let her jump in the shower, and Tim laughed when he turned and saw that she'd crawled out of the shower and was bringing the new musical revue "Buns on Parade" into the bedroom. In response, I made up a song called "Where is Buttkins?" to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin."

No comments:

Post a Comment