Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We're Home!

We made it home safely last night, despite a few more delays in our travels. Overall, our visit was completely fabulous. I was so glad to introduce Elizabeth to all of her Thiel family members, and her ancestral hometown. Ellie did not embarrass us too badly during our air travels, and other than some guy who gave me a glare in the Admiral's Club, no one seemed too irked at sharing their airspace with a baby. To her credit, she probably cried a cumulative total of five minutes in 10 hours of airplane time.

Her sleeping left something to be desired on Monday night, and I finally ended up putting her in the car at 4am and driving her around town until she fell asleep. Then I got three whole hours straight. Last night she was similarly bad, but thankfully Tim stepped in and let me sleep. You know, so that I didn't eat my live young this afternoon. I'm wondering if she's seriously going to push through a tooth. I'm rather hoping she does so we have an explanation to this madness, but I'm going to miss her gummy smile.

Today we went out to lunch with the mommy crew, and then went to knitting, where the ladies were very happy to snuggle her up, after we missed last week It's almost surreal to be right back in our routine. I'm ready to get back to walking many miles tomorrow morning, but for now, I still need to try to catch up on my sleep. SO tired.

Four generations of Melonheads.

Auntie B with her two favorite little ladies.

Ellie and Auntie Kari enjoying Uncle John's beautifully manicured lawn.

Sweater and a tutu, is there anything better?

A little loving from Grandma Rosie

Ruining a moment with Grandpa Howie because she was exhausted

Thanks to Gramps for helping making our trip so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment