Friday, May 20, 2011

Photo Opp.

A few weeks ago, we had a family photo shoot with local photographer Julie Dunn. Don and Eileen bought us a gift certificate for a session back around Christmas. I wanted some good pictures of all three of us, and of Ellie and I. I feel like I take pretty good pictures of the baby, and am quick to pick up the camera when she and Tim are being cute together, but there's not a lot of shots of she and I together, and even less of all three of us. I kept putting off the photo session, hoping I'd wake up one morning and have magically lost all of my baby weight, but now I realize I'm probably not going to lose much weight until I stop breastfeeding (I mean, I walk 30+ miles a week and haven't lost a pound, so there you have it) so I finally called Julie and scheduled our photos.

It ended up being perfect timing, since Elizabeth can now sit up unassisted quite well. It gave us more options that we would have had when she was three or four months and pretty floppy. I thought Julie was very nice, and am incredibly pleased with how our photos came out. Here's a few of my favorites.

This is my favorite shot of the three of us. Even Ellie is smiling!

I don't care how heavy or uncomfortable it is, I love that freaking cat couch.

Tim and Meg, sitting in a tree!

Ellie Belle in her Lulyboo, hanging out with all of her stuffed animals.

This is one of my very favorites. She is such a snuggler.

She and her cute daddy.

See? Sitting up all on her own!

She loves to make this face. I love this face.

And now, my favorite of them all:

My beautiful Baby Sequins.

We also took some very cute photos of her little baby butt (not internet appropriate) and some sweet photos of her on the quilt her Grandma Rosie made for her. All in all, a great photo session, and some memories we'll be happy to display in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment