Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seven Months!

Can you believe it? My little lady is seven months old today. I've kept her in good health longer than the average sea monkey. Pat on the back for me there.

We spent the day with her grandparents, after taking a nice long walk this morning, for the first time in a week. We met Grandma and Grandpa out in Yorba Linda for a spur of the moment lunch and some play time back at the house. Grandma has lots of fabulous, noisy toys for Elizabeth to play with. We also stopped by Gramps and Grams' house afterwards, where Ellie played on her play mat and laughed uproariously when Gramps tossed her around and wrassled with her. We are so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents nearby - they have helped me out so much over the past seven months.

She is really turning into a fun little girl. She loves sitting up. Her favorite place to sit up (other than in her giant pile of toys) is in front of our bedroom mirror, where she'll play a rousing game of patty cake with mirror baby while I take a shower (sometimes, I can hear her getting too excited and banging her forehead into mirror baby's forehead.) She adores animals and other small children. We continue to work on solids, which is hit or miss. Some days, she mows down, somedays, she twists her face away from the spoon until I give up, and resign myself to the fact that I'll be nursing forever. FOREVER. She likes getting tickled, and she likes when I pretend to head butt her and say "CLUNK!" She laughs so much now, which allllllmost makes up for the fact that she spent the first three months of her life crying. She is still my naughty baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment