Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Things Ellie Says.

The other night we were having dinner with Gigi and Grizz, and Gigi left the table to take a phone call.
Ellie: where's Gigi?
Me: She's going to take a phone call. Which is bad manners. We don't take phone calls at the dinner table, and we don't play with our phones at the dinner table.
Ellie: Oh, okay.
[Gigi returns to the table]
Ellie: Gigi, that was rude manners. Going to talk on your phone is bad manners.
Gigi: I'm sorry Ellie.
Ellie: Don't say sorry to me! Say sorry to everyone!

Tim's been working some late hours lately and so we've been calling him to chat before bed most nights. Last night, she told him "Daddy! Guess what?" (and then in a whisper voice) "my breath smells like chocolate because" (now yelling) "GIGI GAVE ME A CHOCOLATE STRIPEY CANDY!"

She also really likes to say "well, so, you know" and also "oh GOSH!"

After the library a few days ago:
Mimi: tell your mommy what you drew.
Ellie: these are the dogs. And this is the dog poop. Don't step in it!

And tonight: Mommy. Once, a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time ago, when I was two, I watched Pocahontas with Daddy.

So, tonight we stopped by to visit Tim at work and bring a little dessert for the team, to help make their long hours more delicious. We brought our stuff up to the team kitchen, and Tim had to step away to check in with a meeting. No big deal - our friend Phil was there to chaperoned. The second I got Ellie set up with her slice of cake, she announced that she had to go to the bathroom. Phil graciously walked us to the bathroom. On our way out of the restroom, Adam gagged himself with a fork and ralphed a little bit directly onto my foot. We walked back to the kitchen and Ellie promptly knocked her slice of cake onto the floor. Tim came back and I told him what happened and he looked at me like I was crazy. Just another day in the life!


No comments:

Post a Comment