Friday, March 28, 2014

One Year Stats and Stories.

Adam went to the doctor yesterday and was once again found perfect - he's 19 1/2 pounds (25th percentile) and 29.75 inches tall (50th percentile.) His head is also in the 50th percentile, so growing right along schedule. For reference, he's a half an inch taller than one year old Ellie, but she was over 21 pounds. No wonder people who knew baby E can't believe how skinny Adam is! The doctor said that we could work on night weaning him. I'd be hesitant because he seems so skinny, but if she thinks he's okay, I am happy to cut off the food train at night. I am tiiiiiiiired.

A few Ellie funnies of late:

Ellie: I wear socks with my tennies, but not with my dancing shoes. I used to wear socks with my dancing shoes, because they hurt me, but now they don't.
Me: Well, beauty is pain.
Ellie: beauty is paint?
Me: No. Pain. Sometimes it hurts to be pretty.
Ellie: I'm pretty!
Me: And does it hurt you?
Ellie: Nope!

She also made up a real jazzy song the other day about "who pees in his pants? ADAM! Adam pees in his pants." I know I shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't help myself.

Oh, and she's finally quit crying at preschool drop off. She doesn't even lay on the floor and pretend to be miserable any more! The teachers say that in the past month she's really settled in and blossomed, and is making friends quickly, which I'm glad to hear. I think it's been a really good experience for her (and a wonderful break for me.)

The other day when we were running, I saw some bright orange koi swimming in the rain run off/scrummy "river" next to the trail, so I stopped to show them to Ellie. She told me that because they're orange, they're carrot fish. We also saw a snowy egret on that walk, and I also spotted a rat running along one of the fences. In Orange County, that qualifies as a nature hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment