Friday, August 24, 2012

Potty Training.

I feel like I'm getting a lot of questions about potty training lately. I personally don't think we're there yet. For one, Ellie is not even two yet. For two, she will usually tell me WHILE she's pooping, but she won't tell me that she has to go poop (which means I can't get her into the bathroom in time.) For three, *I* am not ready. Potty training means a lot of long days at home, lots of trips to the bathroom, and then having to make all errands very short, while also learning where every public bathroom is located (and how clean or disgusting each bathroom is.)

Plus, I feel like people act like potty training means you're done dealing with your kid's bathroom functions, and as I understand it, you still have to supervise and wipe their butts. Potty training does not mean I'm done asking the question "did you poop?" And there's no award for having the youngest kid ever to quit using diapers. I mean, you don't have to buy diapers anymore, but they're not that big of a deal.

Anyhow. Long story short. Yesterday we were playing at a friend's house, splashing around in the water table in just a diaper. And then Ellie begged to take off her water logged diaper, and I told her she could, but reminded her that she'd need to tell me if she had to go poop so we could poop in the toilet. You know where this is going, right? She totally crapped in the backyard. You can call her Dog Baby.

I did however, finally buy her a little potty. It might be worth to just start practicing. I promise I won't start taking pictures and posting on facebook about every time she poops in the potty. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment