Friday, March 2, 2012

Too Smart for her Own Good.

This kid, she amazes me left and right. And when she is not amazing me, she is frustrating me. She has a memory like a steel trap, and a will of iron.

Observe: the other day I was getting dressed. I'd already given her the two pictures of her that I keep atop my dresser, but she was still crying for more baby. So I took a little photo album out of my dresser drawer. It features pictures of me, but what does she know? One beautiful baby looks much like the next beautiful baby (funny though, because she does recognize pictures of Sara as a little girl by calling them Sara. If it's me though, she thinks it's her. She fails to notice that I have REAL brown eyes, and she only has PRETEND brown eyes.) A couple days later when she was in our room, she started crying for the baby and pointing to my dresser drawer. She'd only had the album ONCE.

This morning her stroller was in our entryway from yesterday's walk. Having strolled 10 miles yesterday, I decided to take a break this morning. Ellie started pushing the stroller and crying about "a walk," so I took her outside for a bit, figuring that maybe seeing some caw-caws would be enough. She took off walking around the corner, and I followed. She eventually took my finger and kept strolling in her little lavender footie pajamas. Then I realized she was saying "slide. Slide. Wheee! Slide." Oh no kiddo, we are not walking the half mile to the park in our pajamas. Or at least, we're not doing it if mama is barefoot. Following a shower, I did take her to the park, which made her morning.

I am constantly amazed with her. On the drive home from lunch today I was treated to the noises that all the animals make in the barnyard. She has gotten big enough and figured out how to open the doors in our house - no more privacy for mommy! She's starting to call all the cats by their own names, and the way she says Lulu is the cutest thing. She's also starting to put one or two words together, and I feel like our first sentence is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment