Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Grams!

Today was our fabulous Grams' birthday, and Itty Bitty and I spent the day celebrating with her. We had middle eastern feast for lunch, mom and I escaped the house for a few hours and left Grizz to babysit (thankfully, Ellie was down for a nap for all but a half hour that we were gone) and then we had some good outside play time.

I mean, who wouldn't want a dustpan ride?

And who wouldn't love a little crown action? (even if she isn't the birthday girl.)

This morning I brought Ellie with me when I picked up the cake. When we got back to the car, I said "this is Grams' cake. It's made of ice cream," and Ellie burst into tears, yelling "ice cream! Ice cream!" and reaching for the cake. She was not pleased about being put into her car seat, away from the cake. We made it up to her after bath time.

Except... we didn't let her eat herself sick. And at one point, dad dripped some ice cream on the floor. When I wiped it up, THIS happened:

It was REALLY SAD you guys. Sad enough to require actual tears.

But as you can see, a little bit of love from Grams fixed all that sadness, as it so often does. We love you Grams!

No comments:

Post a Comment