Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mostly Photos.

Life updates:
-We have managed to Skype with Grandma and Grandpa once from Paris. They have a gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tour from their hotel room, but they seemed more delighted to see their little granddaughter's serious face via the magic of the internet webs (it was right before nap time, and she was hoping I'd let her smash the keyboard. No can do!)
-Ellie had her first trip to the Mission on Wednesday, so her Grams could get some pictures of her with a fancy night blooming cactus, that had been tricked by the June gloom into blooming during the early afternoon.
-Swim class on Tuesday was wonderful as usual. I swear, she is the only baby in class who has NEVER cried in the water. Not when she gets her head wet, not when she gets her face dunked, not when she's forced to float on her back. Mission Viejo has a great swim team, and I think she's well on her way to being their newest junior member.
-We visited Daddy at work and saw his office! Did you know that his fancy workplace has the kitchen bake fresh cookies every day at 3pm? And he'd never invited me? So I invited my own fat ass and enjoyed a cookie and an iced coffee.
-Tooth #2 is on the way in. It hasn't popped through, but the gum line has broken, so I figure we'll see it in a few days. In the meanwhile, she can be a real crab apple at moments. Knowing that we're up against makes it easier for me to stay calm, but I am quite ready for Tim to get home in the evenings.
-And of course, always thankful to have mom and dad nearby for when I need a break.

Tomorrow, mommy class, lunch and a park date!

Checking out the koi in the Mission Fountain

Ol' Scowly with some of her ladies - Jackie, Grannie Ceannie, Grams and me. I think Ellie is just peeved that I forgot her sunglasses

So tiny and cute next to the hollyhocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment