Saturday, June 4, 2011

7.5 months.

Oh my goodness, we are growing by leaps and bounds over here. I realized the other day that I am perhaps meant to be the mother of a seven and a half month old. Having a newborn was sweet, in the way that tiny babies are sweet and cute and oh so small, but I don't know that I enjoyed it, persay. It was not easy, and not all that fun. But man, is this baby ever getting fun.

She's finally started rolling with some vigor and can now go from belly to back pretty easily. Back to belly seems to take more fits and starts for her, but if she wants it, she can finally get all the way over and pull her arm out from underneath herself. Tummy time is more fun for her than it's ever been, and that's good. Some days, she'll pull her knees under herself and rock a little, but I think we're still a ways off from crawling. And frankly, I'm in no rush for her to crawl, because I know I will quickly miss the days when I could plop her down on her cute little butt and walk out of the room for a second without worrying about her scooting over and licking an electrical socket (because no, we have not baby proofed yet.) I am already trying to figure out how I'll shower once she's mobile. Right now, she sits and plays with Mirror Baby and a toy or two, but if she can crawl, I'll probably have to make her hang out in the bathroom with me.

She's also gotten better about eating her solids. It's as though once she cut a tooth, she realized how delicious and fun it is to eat real food, so she's been chowing down on plums and sweet potatoes in record quantities.

She is such a happy baby. During the first three months, when she wanted to either eat all the time or cry, I worried that she was going to grow up to be some difficult, nervous, cry baby child. But now unless she's tired or hungry (or unless I leave the room) she's generally smiley and giggly. She's still not much of a snuggler, but she does love to be kissed on, and with cheeks like hers, how can I resist her? I just love her to bits.

Today she went and had a play date at Grandma and Grandpa's. Play date is the term Grandma has asked us to use to denote the times when we show up, hang out for a little bit, then run away while the baby is not looking and have a hot date! Then we come back and have dinner and talk about how cute the baby is, all together! Tim and I saw Bridesmaids, which I have been dying to see since it was first advertised, and it did not disappoint. There were parts where I was laughing so hard that I thought I might pass out. And Elizabeth thoroughly enjoyed her time with her grandparents, as she always does. Now if only she'd get back to her old, good sleeping routines. Today we got a chance to look through Tim's baby book, and it turns out, he was much the same way. He didn't crawl until 9 months old, for reference. So she's not behind her dad's curve yet (I was already dancing ballet by her age.)

No comments:

Post a Comment