Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Three.

It's the magic number, oh yes it is. Can you believe Elizabeth is already three months old? It seems like yesterday I was all fat and pregnant and yet at the same time, it feels like she's been in my life forever. I'm so glad to have her as my little girl and so grateful that she's growing up big and strong and healthy.

Today we had a busy day with all of our ladies. First, we went for a walk with my neighbor Keri and her kids, dropping one son off at grade school and the other off at preschool. Then Ellie and I did some bath time and some eating. We had lunch with the girls from mommy group, and that was nice. Most of the girls are preparing to go back to work full time, and that's kind of a bummer, but I'm hoping we can all still get together from time to time. Ellie slept on my shoulder for the majority of lunchtime, when she wasn't awake and staring at the other babies. And then off to Granny Jannie's for tea with the knitters. After some eating and pooping, Ellie was pretty happy to sit on Grams' lap and smile and coo at everyone. See? She's growing up!

She's such a funny little egg. She's starting to be able to sit up if we prop her against the couch, and she loves standing in your lap. She's an expert smiler and cooer, and is beginning to mimic and also flirt. She adores playing coy, especially with mirror baby. She still likes hanging out in the bathtub, and loves laying on her changing table and chatting with us. She's even getting better at tummy time! Now I can usually get her to work for two or three minutes before she starts crying - the waterworks used to begin after two or three seconds.

Here she is, practicing her head holding skillz. She is saying "hey, Mr. Crinkly Elephant, how's about you and I figure out a way to break out of here and go lay on our backs?"

Tim is teaching her two important skills at once - sitting up, and finding your hand. He is a good father.

She was very startled when I informed her that she's three months old.

Then she became very, very excited. Oh, my sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment