Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home Again, Home Again!

We all made it home safe and sound! Tim managed to get back to the OC on Monday (after I had to take him to the airport at 6am!) and the rest of us Thiels had an uneventful trip home on Tuesday.

It was such a nice, family-centered trip. Grandpa was in good spirits the whole time (except for missing Ardies breakfast on Saturday) and seems to be doing well. Grandma is chugging along and while she is constantly worrying about her husband needs to rest, she seems to think that none of those dictates about slowing down and taking a break apply to her (even though she is in fact... MARRIED TO A YOUNGER MAN, ooooh lala!)

Baby Sequins seemed to enjoy Wisconsin as well. In the week that I was there, I really started feeling her kick and punch on a more regular basis. It used to be that maybe once a day, after dinner, if I sat really quietly on the couch, I could feel her rumble around. Over the past week, as long as I'm sitting, she's kicking (especially if I've just eaten, which is apparently normal - not just for babies with the Thiel "lay off me, I'm starving!" gene.) There's also been more than one occasion where I look down and realize I can see her pushing through my skin, which is still amazing to me. Last night Tim was around when it happened and she got 4-5 good kicks in under his palm.

And oh, the baby shower that the Thiel ladies threw for Sequins and I? It was the sweetest thing you've ever seen. It was so above and beyond anything I was expecting. The gift "theme" was childrens books, which I absolutely love. Books are my personal favorite thing to give babies (I also like to write on the card "I hope she hasn't read this one already") and they are my favorite thing to look at when I'm out shopping for my little nugget. I got some great classics and some I've never seen before (but upon review, am in love with.) Her little bookshelf is filling up fast! As is her dresser, of course. Kate was kind enough to bring over Hailee's old clothes and let me sort through for a few outfits. I ended up coming home with a whole other suitcase filled with books, clothes, and the dismantled diaper cake. It was so great - my aunts and grandma are the best (Kari is okay too.)

Being back at work hasn't been too bad. Funny - yesterday was "dump the pump" day and metrolink was encouraging everyone to take public transportation. Too bad the morning trains were 15 minutes late and the evening ones over an hour delayed. I think the only one taking a dump that day was metrolink service. Today our office got dismissed at 3, to avoid the crazy traffic surrounding downtown due to the Lakers game. I grabbed our CFO, who is also a commuter, and convinced him that he definitely wanted to book it to Union Station to try to catch the 3:20 (we made it!) Now I'm sitting around with Sequins, waiting for the boys to come over and watch the Laker game. Me and all of my husbands - Tim, Jacob and Ed. Ed's girlfriend Erlynn just graduated from Ohio State and tonight is her first night back. Why she is spending it with us, I am not sure, but you know - the bond between Ed and Tim is very strong and beautiful!

This weekend mom and dad are going sailing. And to think, I was going to take dad for a REALLY FANCY Father's Day brunch (just kidding, no I wasn't.) Sara's going to be hanging out with us for part of it, and hopefully I will get a chance to lay around a bit with my kitty friends.

True story - I woke up this morning and realized that Lulu was laying with her head on a corner of my pillow. When she saw that my eyes were opened, she reached forward and put her paw on my face. Someone loves her mommy, it's true. It's also yet another reason that we won't be cosleeping with Baby Sequins - I already have a bed buddy who's under 15 pounds. But unlike a baby, if she bothers me, I can push her onto the floor (when Tim bothers me, I hold his nose shut.)

No comments:

Post a Comment