Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Despite the rain, we've been able to do some serious celebrating of our favorite patriarch. Everyone arrived in La Crosse safe and sound, and I personally have been eating all of the dairy products I can get my hands on, as fast as I can get my hand to my mouth.

Yesterday we did a family portrait session. Highlights included the older generation of Thiel kids busting up in their picture when I suggested that we get a shot of dad and Uncle John shaking hands like they'd never met before (a la my wedding) and John then following up with "how do, how do." The photographer had to tell them to get it together. Also funny - Hailee wandering in and hamming it up during John and Betty's pictures together.

Last night we went to Drugans for dinner, home of the salad boat shaped like a Viking ship and then back over to Uncle John and Aunt Betty's for some delicious cake and some seriously hilarious birthday cards. We also snuck in a Father's Day card that has a great homage to Grandpa's road rage. Then followed it up with our impressions of Grandpa in his days behind the wheel. I think David got the biggest hit with "the sign says stop, not park."

Tim is heading back to Mission Vee-jo today to get back to work tomorrow. He's going over to his mom's to watch the Laker game this evening (and probably discuss how crazy his inlaws are, and clutch at his mommy's skirt and beg her to never let him be sent away again!) I'm sure the kitties will welcome his return. He'll probably get his face stepped on 10-15 times tonight.

Today the ladies are celebrating Baby Sequins with my first baby shower. I'm so excited! And in the meanwhile, have to take my old man to the airport and wave a hankie while he heads off.

No comments:

Post a Comment