Saturday, January 16, 2010

Three Day Weekend!

Woo hoo for a three day weekend! I foresee a lot of sitting around and relaxing, for sure.

I personally have had kind of a rough week. The train was over an hour late leaving Union Station one night, which means I come home and have basically enough time to drop my bags and have something to eat, and then I have to go to bed so that I won't be zonked when the alarm goes off at 6am the next morning. On Tuesday night I was up for awhile in the middle of the night after smashing my toe on my trunk on the way to the bathroom at 2am. Anyways, whine whine whine, a rough week. I have to be honest, my four hour commute is really starting to suck my will to live and cramping my life (as in, I have absolutely no life.) And yes, I love my job, it's important to me to work there, but not important enough to have absolutely no life outside of getting to work, working and then coming home.

So, I talked to our HR Director and my boss yesterday, and they've agreed that there's no reason that I can't work from home one day a week. From now on, I will be spending Fridays in my pajamas, writing grants from home. I'm so excited and grateful. I don't want to resign, and they don't want me to either, so I'm glad we could compromise.

A funny story. This week, we both the following patio set from someone off Craigslist:
Cute, right? Needs a new paint job, but otherwise darling. We bought it from an older, foreign man, who as I was picking up one of the chairs goes, "you have baby?" and then sort of looks at my midsection. I had to reassure him that I do not, in fact, have baby. Needless to say, I came home and spent some time looking at myself in the mirror with my stomach stuck out and sucked in. I don't think I look like I have baby. But a few more situps couldn't hurt, I suppose. I think he was asking more in that "are you sure you can carry that, little lady?" way.

Here's a bonus picture from "a day in the life." Kitties love to be in the bathroom with us at bedtime. Lulu loves to get petted while also laying on a rug (whether in the bathroom or the kitchen) and Thory enjoys drinking directly from the sink. All I want to do is get ready and go to sleep, but they want all of the loving I can give them at the last minute.

1 comment:

  1. its so great that you could work something out with your job!

    love the patio set...i need to find something like that!!

    about 3 months after i had david, some guy in the store INSISTED that i was with child. marie and i were actually arguing with him! ugh, men!

    ReplyDelete