Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas is Saved!

So, my husband gave me a cheese knife for Christmas. A very nice cheese knife, but com'n, we have only been married for four years. Surely the romance can not be so far gone, can it? But today, he saved the day. I've been saying for years that the one thing I wanted when we bought a house was a video game called Dance Dance Revolution. We couldn't have it in our apartment because you have to dance on this mat, in time with the beat of the video game, and I would hate to be stomping around with people beneath us. But now there is no one below ground, so we can do what we want! Tim managed to find a version of DDR that works with our current technology and tonight we danced it up.

Tim used to play DDR in college with his roommate. It was slightly homoerotic, and I made fun of him for always having to change into shorts to play. Well, nothing has changed except for his DDR partner. And please don't mind the black socks. He thinks he's European. You may also notice Lulu in the foreground. The DDR box was her present.

We had a nice weekend - bought some patio furniture from craiglist, had family dinner on Sunday night, suckered my dad into paying for my best friend's 30th birthday dinner on Saturday night by showing up at his favorite restaurant, relaxed a little. Also, having bought a little artwork for our house, I went to Aaron Brothers and rampaged through the one cent sale. Check this baby out.

That's right. Squirrel city. I came home today and the cats had knocked almost every pretty off my dresser. Less than helpful. There were charm bracelets everywhere!

As a parting shot, here's what the train station looks like at 7:15am, before the sun has fully risen. Oh, the thrilling life I lead!

In other news, we're currently watching a Prince video on VH1, and Tim goes "Prince is a really great dancer." I'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment