Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Los Angeles Nature Photos.

We survived the storm! And now, the air is clear, birds are chirping, and sunshine fills like a gift. Yes, we are babies in Southern California.

We didn't end up going to see the concert on Saturday - Harper Simon pulled out, and we weren't interested in seeing the main headliner, so Tim went and saw some dumb movie with his boyfriends, and I took Amtrak up to LA to hang out my girlfriends. I was able to take the Metro right over to Hollywood and Highland, meet my friend after her shift at work and then head off for an evening of girl chat, dinner and coffee. It was perfect! I also felt a little devious using my Metrolink pass for all of the free weekend travel - it was like I was getting away with something! The train definitely makes me want to stab myself directly in the brain sometimes, but sometimes it is so handy and helpful. It's definitely easier than driving up to see my friends, and recently I've been able to sucker other friends into meeting me for dinner downtown, and then driving me to the train station so I can take the 8:30 train home. I know. I am clever.

Tomorrow Sara is turning 27. I am currently baking her a poison cake. I'm sorry, did I say poison? I meant caramel. Yeah, caramel. Auntie Lisa is going to be in town and I foresee pedicures in our future. Should be good! (no boys allowed, of course. Unless they have charm bracelets.)

A funny story: I woke up in the middle of the night last night, facing the middle of the bed. I realized that Lulu was laying with her back against my knees, and her front all curled up against Tim's back. Tim was the little spoon! Thor was MIA - probably off being weird somewhere.

A few "nature" photos:

For those of you who don't know, the LA River is completely encased in concrete. It's a dirty little trickle most of the time. Here's a shot from Saturday. It's a rushing stream! And so beautiful!

A little bit of cityscape on my way to the subway stop.

Snow on the mountains behind the old El Toro Marine base. The snow has really been amazingly pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment