Friday, January 22, 2010

STORM WATCH 2010!

Image via NASA - this is apparently what the storm looks like from space. It's been a little bananas here in SoCal, because despite the fact that the area is the site for many a national disaster, there seems to be very little infrastructure in place to deal with all of it.

Here's a crummy picture of today's mid-morning hail.

Yesterday, because of the squalls, and the threats to the freeways, etc etc we were all allowed to work from home. And since today is my new working from home day, I worked from home today as well. It's nice to get the three (THREE!) extra hours of sleep, and spend the day in formal home office wear (ie pajamas. Or, when I shower at lunchtime, a clean pair of pajamas.) The only real problem is when kitties want to sleep on my mouse-driving hand.

This is what it looks like in my lap when I'm editing a paper copy of something. Then I end up having to push Lulu a little farther down my legs so I can get my laptop back into my lap. That lasts until my knees protest (she is kind of a chunkins.)

The good news is that our little house is standing strong in the storms. Nothing's leaking and nothing's flooded. My big worry has been the tree on the side of the yard, but it's fine. I went and checked yesterday and did find an empty vodka bottle laying underneath it (apparently the rats have been drinking in the ivy?) I am glad we got it trimmed a few months ago - no telling how all of the overgrowth would have done in this nuttiness.

Tonight Tim and I are off to see a movie, and then tomorrow night it's up to LA to see Harper Simon (Paul Simon's son) live and in concert. Very exciting! And then we will hydroplane all the way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment