Friday, January 1, 2010

How We Rang In New Years Eve!

Tim and I knew that it was going to be hard to top the celebrations we had last year for NYE, while in Scotland. Not many American parties have organized dances, which is a shame. Being an hour's drive away from most of our friends makes it hard to host or attend a party, so we decided to celebrate just the two of us at home and try out some of our new appliances.

Tim and Dad managed to get our grill working - turns out it's natural gas and hooks up directly to a valve on the side of the house. Because we are fancy, high-quality folks, we grilled hot dogs. We also made some bacon and got some cheese and had bacon wrapped, cheese covered hot dogs. They were DELICIOUS. I used our new to us toaster oven to toast the buns, and it was quite fabulous.

Then we laid around and watched movies - (500) Days of Summer and a Fred & Ginger number. At 10 we went and walked around the neighborhood so that we wouldn't fall asleep. And then we were in bed shortly after midnight. Exciting life!

The other good news is that our bedframe finally arrived! It's like we have a real grown up bedroom now. The bad news is that it's higher than I expected, and I'm willing to bet that someday when I am huge and pregnant, I'm going to have to get me a little bed side step stool. We left my trunk in the front because Lulu can't jump up without grunting mightily.

It's so nice. I LOVE it. Just a word to the wise though, it's high enough that even if you're only five three (and a half) inches tall, if you jump on the bed, you'll hit your head on the ceiling.

Our tasty cheap champers, and the cute little squirrel wine topper that we received from friends of ours.

Tim's a-grilling!

I'm a'toasting!

The amazingly delicious result!

Me and our kitty friends. They are in love with our red fleecy blanket (a gift from our realtor.) And yes, for those of you who knew me when I was two, I do still enjoy sniffing cat tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment